2014 general election
General election for 2014 is November 4, 2014, with early voting beginning on September 25.
For more information, visit the Johnson County Auditor's November 4, 2014 general election webpage.
Check out our online program schedule for playback times on City Channel 4.
Iowa City and University Heights subscribers can also watch these videos on demand on Interactive Channel 5 -- turn your TV to channel 5, and watch the screen for instructions.
candidate videos online
We had two out of three JC Supervisors Candidates, one candidate for State Senate District 39, and two candidates for 2nd District US House of Representatives. Currently, all five of the candidate statements are in a consolidated video. The video is indexed by speaker, so you use that to view individual statements.
candidate forums:The following candidate forums are also available online:
- September 15 Board of Supervisors candidates, sponsored by the Johnson County Task Force on Aging
- October 21 Candidate forum for JCBoS, IA Senate District 39, and IA House District 73, sponsored by the LWV and LULAC.
Other Ballot IssuesAlso on the ballot this fall are the 1% Local Option Sales Tax (LOST) and a referendum on the Johnson County Courthouse Addition
- September 30 Johnson County Ballot Issues, sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Johnson County
- 1% Local Option Sales Tax (LOST) Presentation September 10, 2014
- 1% Local Option Sales Tax (LOST) Informational Program This program features the 1% Local Option Sales Tax (LOST) Referendum, with information presented by Dennis Bockenstedt, City of Iowa City Finance Director. Learn more here.
We've edited the presentation into three segments: